*Contest now CLOSED for submissions*
Next submission period: September 1 – November 30, 2019
There are multiple options for submitting images to the contest. Please see below for further details.
*** Please be sure to include a COMPLETED Entry Form with your submission.***
Any images submitted without an Entry Form will NOT be eligible for the contest.
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- All submitted images must have been taken in 2017 or 2018
- Each contestant must submit a fully completed Entry Form along with their images
- Up to eight (8) images may be submitted per contestant
- Entries may be colour or black and white
- Entries may be submitted as high-resolution digital or high-quality prints
- Entries must be received no later than November 30, 2018
All submitted photographs will become part of the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society’s Archive Collection. Copyright for each image will remain the property of the photographer. By entering this contest, you, the photographer, grant the Society the right and license to use, copy, adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display, and distribute any photographs submitted to promote the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society and the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site. Proper credit for the photographer will always be included in any future use of the submitted photograph(s).
As the photographer, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from any persons appearing in your photographs for their image to be used and displayed in public. By entering this contest, you are guaranteeing that you have obtained this consent.
How to Enter:
Images may be submitted as either high-quality prints or as high resolution digital files (generally 2MB in size or more, per image).
If you need assistance, please contact the contest administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-664-9007.
For Submitting Digital Images:
Through this Website:
- Download and complete the Entry Form, then save a digital copy to your computer/ device.
- Click on the “Upload Photos” button above, which will take you to the “FWC Photography Contest Submissions” Dropbox page
- Click on the “Choose Files” button and select the image files on your computer/ device that you would like to submit, then click “Open”
- Do NOT forget to include a completed Entry Form!
- Fill in your name and email and click “Upload” to complete your entry.
***PLEASE NOTE: Dropbox account/ login NOT required***
Digital images and completed Entry Forms may be emailed to Heidi Rampfl at email@example.com.
*Please note: large files may have to be sent in separate emails. Please do NOT compress images for sending.
Digital images may also be saved to a CD or DVD disc, or on a USB stick and sent to/ dropped off with a completed entry form at the same address used for submitting prints (see below).
For Submitting Prints:
Please send or drop off your high-quality prints (preferably 8”x10” in size minimum) along with a completed entry form to:
Attn: FWC Photography Contest
Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society
12138 Fourth Ave. Richmond, BC, V7E 3J1
For more info about how to fill in your entry form, please see: Categories and Judging